Sony Ericsson announces the XPERIA X2 - New Windows Phone
Sony Ericsson announces the XPERIA X2 a new Windows phone that offers a best in class email and multimedia experience. In the modern world where 24/7 communication is key, users can instantly synchronise their mail and calendar and open and edit Microsoft Office Mobile documents quickly and efficiently to stay connected with colleagues wherever they are.
The XPERIA X2 also includes the unique SlideView feature, which provides quick access to frequently used phone activities. Providing quick interaction with contacts, messages, media and more, SlideView gives an overview of missed incoming activity, notifying the user of any missed calls, e-mails and text messages so users don't overlook an important contact.
With 14 specially designed preloaded XPERIA panels and 16 more to download, users can work with no boundaries with the XPERIA X2. From Skype, Mytopia and Google, to games, CNN and Windows Live, the panels ensure users are up-to-date with what matters most to them. With an improved touch interface and new 3D signature panel users also benefit from flexible desktop panels designed to categorise business, fun and communication features. Just set favourites to appear during certain times of the day and can get the latest news in the morning, YouTube at lunchtime and games for the journey home.
Powered by QWERTY messaging, Windows Mobile users can even show their presentations on the big screen with the TV out cable - the XPERIA X2 makes a day at the office a walk in the park.
"In the fast moving world we live in, the need to stay connected has never been so important." said Sumit Malhotra, marketing business manager, Sony Ericsson. "We constantly rely on our mobile phones as an extension to the office and the XPERIA X2 debuting with Windows Mobile 6.5, allows users to work quickly and efficiently while on the move. The XPERIA X2 also features a new range of interactive panels as well as SlideView, which provides quick access to frequently used phone activities – perfect for those who need to see any missed incoming activity at a glance."
Entertainment is not compromised on XPERIA X2. Enjoy amazing multimedia with the 3.2" high resolution touch screen and DVD quality and take advantage of the 8.1 megapixel camera to capture and instantly share experiences with friends and family. Personalise the panels and users can access Facebook to upload their party or holiday images and they can chat with friends across the world via Skype. Whether it is music, photography, email, video or gaming the XPERIA X2 has it all.
"Windows phones allow people to manage their whole world – from work to home to play – on a single handset," said Stephanie Ferguson, general manager, product management, Microsoft Corp. "The XPERIA X2 taps the powerful messaging and multimedia capabilities in Windows Mobile so customers can be in touch, productive and entertained wherever they are."
With the need to stay connected 24/7 Sony Ericsson has designed XPERIA Services, a bespoke and unique after sales package designed to help XPERIA X2 users get the most out of their mobile phone. With a specialised technical team standing by to support busy users and talk through the outstanding features the XPERIA X2 has to offer users can get help from troubleshooting to how to access their favourite websites. And if their XPERIA X2 stops working while they are abroad, XPERIA Services can replace the mobile phone via a simple phone call.
XPERIA Services really has been devised with the consumer in mind and to help consumers discover more about their XPERIA X2.
Features of Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2
- Windows Mobile 6.5 – work on the move easier
- Make the most of the day – flexible desktop panels categorised for life: communication and fun, multimedia, business and internet
- Work without boundaries – instant synchronisation of mail, calendar powered by QWERTY keyboard messaging and Windows Mobile
- Slide view – quick access to frequently used phone activities and overview of missed incoming activity
- Present documents on the big screen – TV out cable
- Never get stranded - XPERIA exclusive travel insurance
- Enjoy amazing multimedia – 3.2" high resolution touch screen and DVD quality
- 8.1 mega pixel camera with Photo light – easily upload images to web albums
- Real 3D panel – 3D effects and zoom, music playback controls
- Big business meeting? Arrive charged with the Car Charger AN300 – ultra fast, ultra-safe and ultra-reliable. A perfect accessory for the XPERIA X2, it charges 40 per cent faster than most car chargers – just plug into the cigarette lighter and go.
XPERIA X2 supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA 850/900/2100. XPERIA X2 will be available in selected markets from early Q4 in the colours Elegant Black and Modern Silver.