Logitech Announces Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech, one of the world's leading vendors of computer and gaming peripherals, has just announced the introduction of its much-anticipated G27 racing wheel, the successor of the company's successful G25 model.
Designed to give gaming users a taste of real-world racing, or at least something very close to that, the new G27 racing wheel comes packed with a real metal and real leather design and can support gaming PCs as well as Sony PS2 and PS3 platforms.
In the world of racing simulators, the feeling that can be enabled by a high-quality racing wheel is something to crave for, especially if you are one of those gaming users who spend a lot of time behind the wheel, trying to establish new world records. The new Logitech G27 racing wheel comes equipped for such occasions, having been featured with a powerful, dual-motor force feedback mechanism that is said to deliver a high-fidelity force feedback experience. In addition, the new racing wheel from Logitech has been featured with hand-stitched leather and stainless steel shifter paddles.
- Dual-motor force feedback mechanism with helical gearing: Experience traction loss, weight shift, and road feel recreated smoothly and accurately, while enjoying the exceptionally quiet steering action.
- RPM/shift indicator LEDs: Keep an eye on the indicator panel to know just when to shift gears for maximum torque (in supported games).
- Sixteen programmable buttons plus D-pad: Map useful game functions to locations that make sense to you—whether on the wheel itself or on the shift module.
- 900-degree wheel rotation: Turn 2.5 times around lock-to-lock, just as you would behind the wheel of many real cars.
- Ultra-precise optical encoding: A sensor constantly tracks the wheel, ensuring that any movement you make is reflected in-game, without dead zones or lag.
- Carpet grip system: Retractable teeth flip down to keep the pedals from sliding around on carpeting.
- Realistic 11" (28cm) wheel with leather-wrapped rim: Enjoy true-to-life racing experience from the start line to the checkered flag.
- Six-speed shifter with push-down reverse gear: Quickly select exactly the right gear for the turn or the straightaway.
- Steel gas, brake, and clutch pedals: Sturdy true-to-life pedals deliver precise throttle, braking, and shifting control for heightened realism.
- Steel ball bearings: Two sets of solid steel ball bearings support the wheel shaft, for superb performance and long-term reliability.
- Hard points: All three components (wheel console, pedals, and shifter module) can be bolted to a table other surface for a solid racing experience.
- Platform and game support: Works with PC, PlayStation2, and PLAYSTATION3 racing games, including Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
Price and Availability
The Logitech G27 Racing Wheel is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in September for a suggested retail price of $299.99 (U.S.).