IRphotonics Announces Successful Field Trial for the iCure Infrared Spot Curing System
IRphotonics, a world leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of Infrared-based materials and systems announces it just finished a successful field trial with ITF Labs for its iCure Infrared spot curing system.
The field trial was conducted with adhesive 353ND on an optoelectronics device where localized curing must be achieved without heating adjacent components.
"We are extremely impressed with the power and precision the iCure AS200 offers", stated Alexandre Wetter, Engineering Director at ITF Labs. "Finding a curing technology that provides the control and flexibility to apply the appropriate heat for just the right amount of time to thermally cure our adhesive is a challenge and IRphotonics’ iCure system surpassed our requirements. We look forward to implementing the iCure AS200 in our optoelectronic assembly processes"
IRphotonics’ iCure AS200 is a revolutionary inline fiber optic system that provides heat by Infrared radiation in a portable unit, to deliver faster and stronger cures than traditional methods. Using infrared light to generate heat, the iCure thermal spot curing system is tailor-made for automated manufacturing processes requiring rapid adhesive curing and localized heating of bonded assemblies.
The iCure AS200 provides:
- 200 W lamp with up to 80 W/cm2
- Reduced curing time by over 75%
- Wide, state of the art touch screen with intuitive graphical user interface
- Can be used as benchtop or rackmount (self-orienting display)
- SmartSense system monitoring to extend lamp life and performance
- Spot curing of thermal epoxies
- Bonding and fixing of plastic and glass components
- Fixing of lenses
- Temporary fixing of miniature components
- Precision assembly and bonding of semiconductor components
- Focused energy for micro soldering
- Localized heat welding of thermoplastics
Pricing and Availability
The iCure AS200 thermal spot curing and accessories are available to customers worldwide now. Pricing is available on request.