Dolby Laboratories - Dolby Mobile for Mobile Phone Services in Japan
Dolby Laboratories, Inc., announced that it signed a license agreement with NTT DOCOMO, Inc., allowing the use of Dolby Mobile in future phones for NTT DOCOMO mobile services in Japan.
The agreement enables NTT DOCOMO to offer a greater variety of handset models with Dolby Mobile from a broader base of its suppliers to customers in Japan.
Dolby Mobile is an audio processing technology platform designed to deliver rich, vibrant audio and dramatically improve listening enjoyment. Built on Dolby's extensive portfolio of technologies, Dolby Mobile was created for mobile entertainment applications.
We are honored to be working closely with Japan's leading mobile operator to expand the possibilities of mobile entertainment, said Rolf Schmitz, Marketing Director, Mobile at Dolby Laboratories. This agreement will help bring amazing choice and performance to Japanese consumers who want better entertainment experiences on their mobile phones.
Dolby Mobile is designed to allow customers to enhance the mobile entertainment experience by optimizing audio performance and delivering new capabilities and features.
Dolby Mobile features include:
- Mobile Surround--delivers a realistic surround sound experience using headphones
- Sound Space Expander--creates a wide, rich, and spacious soundstage experience especially suited to music playback
- Natural Bass--adds powerful boost and bass extension
- High-Frequency Enhancer--enhances music and other content by restoring high-frequency effects
- Graphic EQ--helps tune the audio experience for different content types
- Sound Level Control--helps level out audio for a more consistent playback volume
- Mono-to-Stereo Converter--improves the playback experience of user-generated content