ASUS Motherboards World's First to Support Windows 7 RC
ASUS proved once again that it is at the forefront of motherboard innovation and technology with its announcement that ASUS motherboards are the world’s first to support Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC). ASUS’ industry-leading Research & Development team has kept close pace with each new beta release of Windows 7, and has developed beta drivers that enable ASUS motherboard users to try Windows 7 RC immediately.
The drivers can be downloaded from the ASUS Motherboard Support website. The models currently supported are the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, P5Q-E, P5Q PRO Turbo, P5Q SE PLUS and M4A78-EM. Support for motherboards from the full P6T, P5Q and M4 series will follow shortly. With the beta drivers, ASUS motherboard users will be able to sample Windows 7 RC’s streamlined user interface, improved speed and enhanced resource utilization ahead of anyone else.
P6T Deluxe V2 Specs:
- Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition/ Intel Core i7 Processors
- Chipset - Intel X58/ICH10R
- Systembus- Up to 6.4GT/s with QuickPath Interconnection
- Max. 24GB, DDR3 2000MHz (OC) Memory
- 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics slot
- Dual Gb LAN
P5Q-E And P5Q PRO Turbo Specs:
- Intel Core 2 Extreme / Intel Core 2 Quad / Intel Core 2 Duo Processors
- Intel P45/ICH10R Chipset
- 1600MHz FSB System Bus
- Max. 16GB, DDR2 1300MHz Memory
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Slot