WordPress version 2.8 released
The developers of the WordPress, one of the nosdt popular open source blogging platform, have released the latest stable version, WordPress 2.8, codenamed "Baker," which is immediately available for download.
"I'm very excited to announce to everyone that the latest and greatest version of WordPress, version 2.8 "Baker," is immediately available for download. 2.8 represents a nice fit and finish release for WordPress with improvements to themes, widgets, taxonomies, and overall speed. We also fixed over 790 bugs. This release is named in honor of noted trumpeter and vocalist Chet Baker, " siad Matt in WordPress blog.
Major New Improvements
- 2.8 is way faster to use. The way WordPress does style and scripting have been changed.
- Browse the entire theme directory and install a theme with one click from the comfort of your WordPress dashboard.
- The new CodePress editor to make edits or tweaks to themes or plugins which gives syntax highlighting to the previously-plain editor.
- There is contextual documentation for the functions in the file you're editing linked right below the editor.
- completely redesigned the widgets interface to allow you to do things like edit widgets on the fly, have multiple copies of the same widget, drag and drop widgets between sidebars, and save inactive widgets so you don't lose all their settings.
- Much cleaner and robust API for creating widgets
- New Screen Options on every page
For more information and changelog, Visit http://codex.wordpress.org/Version_2.8