Prism 1.0 Beta Launches With New Website
Mozilla announced the release of the beta version of Prism 1.0. It's the culmination of more than a year of real-world use by companies like Yahoo! Zimbra, DesignLinks International and many others.
Tens of thousands of end users have installed Prism-enabled sites. Based on their feedback, as well as the experience of website creators, Mozilla has added new features to bring the user experience of web apps even closer to that of their desktop counterparts. Mozilla are particularly excited by these features because they've been informed by the many real-world applications currently using Prism:
- New API functionality for allowing Prism-enabled web sites more desktop like power.
- Ability to set fonts, proxy settings and other application-speciﬁc settings.
- The ability to clear private data on demand.
- Applications are automatically updated when new Prism versions are available.
- Tray icon support, as well as submenus for dock and system tray menus.
- Full OS X 10.4 support, and further OS X specific enhancement.
- Support for SSL exceptions.
You can ﬁnd out more about Prism 1.0 beta and download the standalone version and Firefox extension from our new Prism website at prism.mozilla.com.