Optiwave Introduced OptiSystem 8.0
Optiwave Systems Inc., the leading provider of optical component and system design tools, announced the immediate availability of OptiSystem 8.0, the latest version of its optical communication system design suite. This major release delivers a number of exciting new features, which address the design of advanced passive optical network (PON) architectures using orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), optical coherent systems, and injection locked Fabry‐Perot laser diodes (FP LD).
OptiSystem 8.0 is a significant milestone in our mission to deliver a fully flexible design suite to meet the demands of today’s engineers in the in the field of optical communication and amplifier design, said Dr. Jan Jakubczyk, President of Optiwave. This new version enables us to deliver a rich simulation design experience that researchers are demanding today.
With new numerical models such as time-domain Stimulated Brillouin Scattering (SBS) for high‐power Ytterbium doped fiber amplifiers, extended digital signal processing modules, additional CSRZ/DPSK transmitter components and much more, OptiSystem 8.0 is a compelling upgrade for users currently running previous versions of OptiSystem.
One of the reasons why OptiSystem has become such a phenomenon among serious optical network design engineers is that Optiwave built a complete solution with an extensive component library that is fully capable of designing the complete transmission layer for the creation of next generation networks, said Dr. Jackson Klein, Director of Optical Systems at Optiwave. We thank our worldwide community of users for providing constructive insight and feedback, allowing us to deliver another great product.
- Four-wave Mixing, Stimulated Brillouin Scattering (SBS), Self-Phase Modulation, Cross-Phase Modulation.
- Stimulated Raman Scattering, and full bi-directional capabilities.
- MLSE (Maximum Likelihood Sequence Estimate), advanced component using the Viterbi algorithm.
- A robust library of multimode fiber models, including Parabolic-Index and Measured-Index profile.
- The most advanced optical amplifier design library available.
OptiSystem enables users to simulate/design:
- Next Generation optical networks
- Current optical networks
- SONET/SDH ring networks
- Amplifiers, receivers, transmitters
- Eye diagrams, BER, Q-Factor, Signal chirp.
- Polarization state, Constellation diagrams.
- Signal power, gain, noise figure, OSNR
- Data monitors, report generation, and more!