Google Launches Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server in July 2009
Google will be going to launch the application connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server in July 2009. Integrate the Google Apps messaging suite with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), letting employees use built-in BlackBerry applications for access to their Google Apps email, calendar, and contacts.
Google Apps Connector for BES is currently in beta and will be publicly available in Google Apps Premier Edition and Education Edition in July of 2009.
- Messages sent to your Gmail inbox are pushed to your BlackBerry within 60 seconds.
- Emails read/deleted on your BlackBerry are marked as read/deleted in Gmail, and vice-versa.
- Synchronize BlackBerry folders with labels in Gmail.
- Search for email addresses and phone numbers of other users on your company domain.
- View your Google Calendar schedule on your native BlackBerry application, with one-way synchronization from Google Calendar to your BlackBerry device.
- Contacts in Gmail are automatically synchronized with your BlackBerry address book.
Google Apps Connector for BES requires Windows 2003 Server SP2 (approximately 1GB of disk space per GAC for BES user) and BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 Service Pack 6 Maintenance Release 4.