ARM - RealView Ice Debug Support For Microsoft Windows CE 6
ARM announced that the RealView ICE eXDI2 drivers now support Microsoft Platform Builder version 6.
RealView ICE enables the connection of Platform Builder to an ARM processor-based device via JTAG or Serial-Wire Debug, allowing developers to use Platform Builder for device bring-up, Windows CE OS porting, and driver and application development before the device’s Ethernet or USB interface is functional.
- Direct code image download over JTAG
- No need for a working Ethernet or USB bootloader
- Support for virtual and physical load addresses
- Setting hardware breakpoints within the processor core
- Debugging new hardware bring-up and bootloaders
- Early debugging before the kernel starts
- Direct viewing and modification of:
- Standard registers r0 to r15
- Program status register
- Co-processor registers (including CP15)
- External memory
ARM processors currently supported
- ARM11 MPCore
Other enhancements in this driver update include:
- Support for CortexTM-A8 and Cortex-A9 processors
- Support for virtual and physical memory addresses
- Faster single-stepping and software download to target
The RealView ICE eXDI2 drivers are available for download from the ARM website.