Verizon Internet Security Suite (VISS) Adds Wi-Fi Security, Advance Protection for Broadband Customers
Verizon Internet Security Suite (VISS) subscribers can now take advantage of enhanced security options for their home PCs with the addition of Wi-Fi Security and Advance Protection features to the popular online protection service.
The addition of the new capabilities - at no additional charge - to the award-winning VISS service reinforces its value as one of the most comprehensive Internet security services on the market today. The service is available to Verizon FiOS Internet and Verizon High Speed Internet customers, as well as other broadband users.
The new Wi-Fi Security feature helps protect subscribers from hackers, eavesdroppers and other security threats associated with unsecured wireless networks and hot spots. When connecting to a wireless network, the service displays an alert if a network is unencrypted and, by providing simple how-to instructions, encourages users to set up encryption. When subscribers use public hot spots, Wi-Fi security can automatically turn off network discovery and sharing for increased security.
The new Advance Protection feature defends users against malicious programs by monitoring a computer's behavior. The service boosts protection with continuous searches for malware and monitoring of suspicious activities on the computer. VISS then uses deep-cleaning capabilities to remove the harmful items.
As computer threats constantly evolve and change, it's crucial that our broadband subscribers continually have the most up-to-date security software to ensure the maximum protection for their PCs, said Bill Heilig, vice president of Verizon Broadband Solutions. Adding Wi-Fi Security and Advance Protection to VISS is part of our ongoing commitment to our subscribers to ensure they have the best and most secure home-computing experience possible.
New subscribers to VISS will receive the additional Wi-Fi Security and Advance Protection services immediately, while existing VISS subscribers will have the ability to automatically upgrade on May 7.
VISS, which was recognized earlier this month by Info Security Products Guide as one of the best products for Internet security worldwide, also offers as part of its security lineup:
- Virus Protection: Automatically safeguards customers from viruses, worms and Trojans. Simple to use, it offers automatic scans, updates and quarantines resulting in fewer support calls and a more secure network.
- Spyware Protection: Detects and quarantines spyware before it attacks a PC. The service is automatically configured, updated and maintained.
- Fraud Protection: Combats identity theft attacks and fraudulent campaigns conducted by e-mail, instant messaging (IM), blogs and Web hijacking techniques.
- Firewall: Blocks unauthorized intrusions, malicious hackers and other hostile access attempts from both incoming and outgoing connections, with fully managed, automatically updated and customized firewall rules.
- Parental Controls: A secure, easy-to-use content-filtering program that allows subscribers to prevent their children from accessing inappropriate Internet content. Blocks millions of URLs, and also manages the use of online applications and the amount of time children spend online.
- PC Optimizer: Offers subscribers a superior customer experience and maximized computer and Internet performance. With a full range of disk cleanup and optimization features such as defragmenting files, the service automatically improves system operation on a regular basis.
- Pop-up & Ad Blocker: Helps ensure a faster and less cluttered browsing experience by blocking online ads such as pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, animations and tile ads.
- Privacy Manager: Scans all outgoing communications for sensitive or identifying user information to help prevent its release without consent. It also provides control over how much information Web sites record about browsing habits, as well as a cleanup utility to automatically remove data traces left by browsers and programs.
Among the user-friendly features of VISS is a simplified download process, which sets up the software to operate in the background of a PC to help protect Internet users on several different fronts. In addition, the service updates its security software every three hours to make sure subscribers have the most current security tools to protect them.
All of the security suite coverage is available for a low monthly price of $5.99 from one of the most trusted network and Internet service providers. VISS also is available to Verizon FiOS Internet and Verizon High Speed Internet subscribers as an annual subscription costing $59.99, a 15 percent savings over the month-to-month price.
VISS, which is also available to small-business customers, utilizes advanced technology from Radialpoint, the leading provider of ISP-delivered, managed IT services and support for the digital home.