Cisco expands security services into the cloud
Cisco announced new network security products that delivers cloud security services and help companies' to protect their web-based software and services from attacks on their networks.
Most of the companies are moving towards the cloud computing to provide the better online service to share users' information. This cloud services are provided by the datacenters which helps companies use less space and computing power. But also have drawback of viruses and external attacks on corporate data and computer systems, due to the open nature of such services, has been an obstacle to greater adoption.
The Cisco security offerings announced incorporate new threat defense products and services that will help customers protect against attacks, malware and botnets, no matter where they connect and communicate.
New Product Offerings
- Cisco Security Cloud Services: The Cisco Security Cloud supports the recently announced Cisco IronPort Hosted Email Security Services as well as Global Correlation, a powerful new technique that powers security services integrated into Cisco's broad range of security offerings.
- Cisco IPS Sensor Software Version 7.0: Global Correlation for intrusion prevention system (IPS) harnesses the power of Cisco Security Intelligence Operations, a powerful threat-defense ecosystem, to achieve unprecedented threat-protection efficacy.
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series 8.2 Software: This offering in the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances family is designed to enhance end-to-end security for offices of all sizes, improving threat mitigation and enabling companies to more securely connect, communicate and conduct business.
- Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filter: The new Botnet Traffic Filter enables Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliances to more accurately identify infected clients using information from Cisco Security Intelligence Operations: - more than 1,000 threat-collection servers that receive information from more than 700,000 sensors and 500 third-party feeds.
- Cisco Remote Access and VPN Enhancements: Cisco ASA Software Release 8.2 expands remote access capabilities with next-generation tunneling and session persistence through Cisco AnyConnect Essentials for corporate and mobile users, thus covering the widest range of platforms, operating systems, and endpoints in the industry.