Motorola introduces advanced MTP850S Portable TETRA Terminal
Motorola, Inc. announced the launch of a new portable TETRA terminal, the MTP850S, designed for mission critical communication. Based on Motorola's field-proven MTP850 model, the MTP850S has been designed with the end user in mind, with an intuitive mobile phone style interface as well as new safety features and improved coverage. Motorola's rugged, intuitive products undergo a series of rigorous tests to ensure superior quality and reliability under the most extreme conditions.
A compact and lightweight device, the MTP850S is specifically engineered for use in tough surroundings and combines an uncompromising mix of safety features, smart ergonomics and robust design. Featuring fully integrated voice and data services that can provide access to up to date information to make quick and informed decisions, the MTP850S also features a superior, customisable menu system with fast access to essential features including talk groups, contact lists, mailbox, text messaging and the powerful 'My Groups' feature for rapid access to common talk groups.
The key safety features that the MTP850S incorporates are:
- A 'Man Down' feature that sends an alert to the console operator if the radio does not move in a given period of time or tilts past a defined angle
- An emergency button that not only alerts colleagues to critical situations but sends and updates the Officer's location, ensuring help is sent when and where it is needed
- A robust standardized 12-pin side connector to ensure audio accessories remain connected at all times, even during violent altercations
The MTP850S also includes a number of features to improve productivity:
- ETSI Class 3L (1.8W) transmit power and increased receiver sensitivity for improved coverage in TMO and DMO operations, ensuring Officers can communicate over a wider area, delivering improved coverage in buildings or built-up areas
- Instant access to information databases through an integrated WAP browser
- Status Messaging allowing Officers to monitor the progress of job assignments and to call for help when needed
"Motorola has a history of developing technology that is second nature in the hands of emergency service workers," said Jens Kristiansen, vice president and general manager, TETRA Global Products and Solutions, Motorola."This extension to the MTP850 range builds on Motorola's reputation for delivering intuitive communication devices that place Officer safety at the forefront of design."
Motorola's complete portfolio of TETRA solutions involves infrastructure, terminals, applications and services. Motorola has a long history of innovation in the two-way radio industry that stretches back to 1938 with the introduction of the Police Cruiser Radio Receiver and has helped maintain its position at the forefront of TETRA.