Fallout 3 - Broken Steel DLC Preview
Bethesda has announced Fallout 3 DLC packs, "Broken Steel," which will be released on 5 May for PC and Xbox 360. Broken Steel moves the level cap for your character from 20 to 30, allowing you to experience even more of the game, including new perks and achievements.
Broken Steel will remove the game's ending entirely, with Bethesda's Pete Hines saying simply to fans that called for an open-ended resolution, "We got the idea." Players will still have to make the final choice, but following that climax the game will continue, presenting new epilogue quests, another 10 levels to gain, and new perks, monsters and achievements to keep the climb interesting.
In Broken Steel, you'll continue your current Fallout 3 character past the events of Project Purity, and work with the Brotherhood of Steel to eradicate the Enclave threat once and for all. Travel to new locations like the Olney Powerworks, wield destructive new weapons like the Tesla Cannon, and fight powerful new creatures like the Super Mutant Overlord.
Key Features of the Fallout 3: Broken Steel
- Battle your way to level 30, with all new perks and achievements to unlock along the way!
- Extends the Main Quest, allowing you to continue playing your existing character and find out what happens next in the Capital Wasteland.
- Acquire new high powered Enclave Technology, including a new devastating flamethrower, the Heavy Incinerator.
- Tougher foes await in life beyond level 20, including new enemies like the Super Mutant Overlord.
- Your decisions will inalterably affect the outcome of the Wasteland’s survivors.