Corsair Re-launches Dominator GT Ultra-Performance DRAM Modules
Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer memory, power supplies, and flash memory products including solid-state drives, re-introduced the popular Dominator GT line of memory modules. These modules had been removed from the market due to unacceptable failure levels of the Elpida "Hyper" components with which the modules are constructed.
"The issue with the Hyper RAMs was discovered with the help of the enthusiast community, and we worked closely with them to solve it," stated John Beekley, VP of Applications Engineering at Corsair. "Our lab was able to correlate the failures to specific batches of early material, we worked very closely with Elpida to determine the root cause of the issue and to define the associated corrective actions to take. We are confident that every GT module using the Elpida Hyper IC Corsair ships from today will meet our strict quality and reliability standard."
The Dominator GT memory kits are being re-introduced with updated part numbers, and will be available within one to two weeks. All Dominator GT modules are black with red fins, and include the Airflow cooling fan. Module kits and specifications are as follows:
- 6GB kit for Intel Core i7: Part number CMG6GX3M3A2000C7, available directly from Corsair's web store at corsair.com
- Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 2000MHz, 7-7-7-20 latency timings
- 4GB kit for AMD Phenom II AM3: Part number CMG4GX3M2A1600C6, available directly from Corsair's web store at corsair.com
- Matched pair of 2GB modules, DDR3, 1600MHz, 6-6-6-18 latency timings
- 6GB kit for Intel Core i7: Part number CMG6GX3M3A2000C8, available from authorized Corsair resellers and Corsair's web store at corsair.com
- Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 2000MHz, 8-8-8-24 latency timingsv
- 6GB kit for Intel Core i7: Part number CMG6GX3M3A1866C7, available from authorized Corsair resellers and Corsair's web store at corsair.com
- Matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 1866MHz, 7-7-7-20 latency timings
All Corsair Dominator GT modules are built using the patent-pending DHX+ (Dual-path Heat eXchange) heatsink, which uniquely cools both the front and back of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board, for greater reliability and increased overclocking flexibility. DHX+ modules also utilize removable heatsink fins, which allows for range of Dominator GT cooling options, including the Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H30 waterblock and Ice Series T30 thermo-electric cooler, which actively cools the modules up to 20°C below ambient temperature for maximum overclockability.
All Dominator GT products also ship with the Corsair Airflow fan as standard, which maximizes airflow over the module's cooling fins, increasing heat dissipation to improve memory performance and reliability.
The new Dominator GT modules will be available within one to two weeks from Corsair's authorized distributors, resellers worldwide and Corsair's web store at corsair.com, These modules are backed by Corsair's limited lifetime warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and Tech Support Express is also available.