Clonezilla live 1.2.2-26 (stable) has been released
Steven Shiau announced the immediate availability of a new stable release of his system-cloning Linux distribution, Clonezilla 1.2.2-26. The new version is now powered by Linux kernel 2.6.30-3 from backports.undebian.org and it introduces a couple of important bugfixes, as well as software updates and new additions.
"This release adds the newer kernel 2.6.30-3 from backports.undebian.org, the new upstream syslinux 3.82, the newer partclone 0.1.1-15, and genisoimage instead of mkisofs. A workaround to avoid using partclone to save FAT filesystems has been added. The package smartmontools has been added. makeboot.sh has been improved to allow USB devices /dev/ub[a-z]. An option "--rescue" has been added in ocs-onthefly for partclone. Some bugs were fixed." - Steven Shiau said in the release notes.
Some Features of Clonezilla 1.2.2-26
- Linux kernel 2.6.30-3 (from backports.undebian.org);
- Syslinux 3.82;
- Partclone 0.1.1-15;
- mkisofs replaced with genisoimage;
- Workaround for saving FAT filesystems without using Partclone;
- Added the Smartmontools application, designed to monitor and control hard drives;
- Improved makeboot.sh in order to allow USB devices /dev/ub[a-z];
- ocs-onthefly received the --rescue option, for Partclone;
- Various other bugs were fixed.