Xilinx - Targeted Design Platform Edition of Xcell Journal Available Now
Xilinx announced immediate availability of the latest edition of its quarterly Xcell Journal magazine at http://www.xcellpublications.com/subscribe. The cover story of this latest issue examines the Xilinx Targeted Design Platform strategy and newly-released Base Targeted Design Platforms, built upon the company's flagship Virtex -6 and Spartan -6 FPGA families and supported by ISE Design Suite 11.
"This issue of Xcell Journal includes a great mix of interesting design project profiles and hands-on, how-to features," said Xcell Journal Publisher Mike Santarini. "Meanwhile the cover story provides an in-depth look at what promised to be a new Targeted Design Platform era at Xilinx where we're not only providing our customers with the best FPGA devices in the industry, but the tools, IP, evaluation kits, reference designs and documentation designers need to get their innovations to market quickly."
- Targeted Design Platforms Put Innovation on Fast Track: Introducing the Base Targeted Design Platform and how with Xilinx's Targeted Design Platform methodology you can dramatically speed up Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 FPGA-based designs.
- Blade Management Controller Rides FPGA Processor: Engineers at CloudShield describe how they built a powerful, flexible solution around the PowerPC 440 processor core running embedded Linux OS.
- Virtex-5 Propels Ultra-wideband Comms and Ranging: Europe's PULSERS project uses Xilinx FPGA with MicroBlaze processor in impulse-radio UWB system.
- FPGA-Powered Platform Controls Industrial Motors for Maximum Efficiency: National Instruments uses Xilinx devices in CompactRIO design for industrial-equipment builders requiring optimal motor control.
- EVE Taps Xilinx for Multiple Generations of Emulators: EVE fast-tracked to prominence in logic emulation by building its ZeBu emulators with Xilinx FPGAs.
- Understanding Timing Parameters in Xilinx System Generator: When it comes to model-based design of feedback control systems, getting a grip on timing parameters is crucial.
- The Right FPGA Gigabit Transceiver Makes All the Difference: Knowledge of the PHY sublayers will help you customize physical layers using Xilinx's High-speed Serial Transceiver Architecture Wizard.
- FPGA Anchors Innovative General-Purpose PC: A rethinking of 41-year-old microprocessor and software-OS model yields a new architecture that's fast, reliable, and immune to viruses.
- Interpolated Lookup Tables: Simple Way to Implement a DSP Function: If a digital signal processor core doesn't have precisely the functionality you need, use an ILUT to bridge the gap.
- Dick Corey Has the Engineering Bug: Forget the golf clubs. Spartan-3A development board is diversion of choice for one newly retired EE.