Lenovo announced the ThinkPad T400 laptop
Lenovo announced the ThinkPad T400s laptop, created to give business users a thin and light yet powerful, feature-packed PC.
Lenovo's designers sweat every detail, and the new laptop includes a series of significant enhancements invented to make the laptop more intuitive and easier to use, leading to an improved overall computing experience.
Inspired by Lenovo's thinnest and lightest full-function laptop, the featherweight ThinkPad X301, Lenovo engineered its latest laptop, the ThinkPad T400s, to be super-slim at just 0.83" thin and ultra-light starting under four pounds. The laptop achieves its skinny frame thanks to the thin 14.1" LED screen, solid state drive storage and the second generation Top Cover Roll Cage, which Lenovo first introduced in the ThinkPad X300 laptop. The roll cage's monocoque carbon reinforced fiber, also used in bicycle frames and airplanes, helps keep the laptop extremely light yet surprisingly sturdy. With this design the laptop weighs nearly 20 percent less than its ThinkPad T400 predecessor, also making it much thinner and lighter than the Dell E6400 and HP 6930P laptops.
"We've created products like our ThinkPad T400s laptop to bring thin and light computing to mainstream corporate users," said Peter Hortensius, senior vice president, ThinkPad, Lenovo. "We've applied thoughtful design in balancing the need for greater portability with strong performance and usability."
The ThinkPad T Series is comprised of Lenovo's most powerful and performance-heavy laptops. The ThinkPad T400s laptop allows users to enjoy the best of both worlds – thin and light mobility without sacrificing the powerful performance they need.
Features of ThinkPad T400 laptop
- Choices of Intel 2.53 GHz Core2Duo processors (standard voltage) and graphics
- Choices of solid state drive storage up to 128 GB or 250 GB hard drive storage
- 9.5 mm slim DVD burner or Blu-Ray player
- Ethernet, WiFi and optional WiMAX, WWAN, 3 Bluetooth and ultrawideband connectivity
- 34mm Express Card slot or 5-in-1 multimedia card reader
- Support for Lenovo's ConstantConnect and Protect technology that allows users to maximize integration of their BlackBerry smartphone and ThinkPad laptop
- Nearly six hours of battery life
- Supports up to two monitors via a Display Port and VGA connector
- Meets the Energy Star 5.0 criteria for energy efficiency
- Built-in USB/eSATA port
Lenovo is also introducing three new options for ThinkPad T400s laptop users who want to expand their work space by connecting to other peripherals such as mice and keyboards, printers and monitors. The ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3, ThinkPad Mini-Dock Series 3 and ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus 3 feature new slim and sleek footprints, provide one-step "rip and go" docking and include a range of multi-monitor support while meeting a variety of needs including support for USB, Display Port and eSATA.
Pricing and Availability
The ThinkPad T400s laptop is available beginning immediately. Models start at approximately US $1599. The ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3, Mini Dock Series 3 and Mini Dock Plus Series 3 will be available immediately and start at US $149, $199 and $229 respectively.