Nikon D300S Digital SLR Camera
Nikon Corporation has announced the introduction of its new DX-format digital SLR flagship, the Nikon D300S. As well as inheriting the finest features of the highly acclaimed D300, the D300S boasts many innovative enhancements and is designed to meet an even broader scope of creative demands from serious photographers.
First and foremost, the D300S possesses the superb product quality required of the flagship of Nikon's DX-format digital SLR camera line: 7 frames-per-second high-speed continuous shooting, exceptional accuracy thanks to the 51-point AF system and approx. 100% viewfinder coverage, plus dual card slots and the rugged durability that enables the camera to work under extreme conditions. What's more, an enhanced D-Movie function provides new features, such as an external microphone input for stereo sound recording and AF capability with contrast-detect AF during movie recording. Such outstanding specifications in a trim, responsive, versatile DX-format digital SLR will give any serious photographer an extra measure of agility, for traveling and shooting with greater ease.
On top of this, users can choose from the extraordinary range of more than 60 NIKKOR lenses, and Nikon's Total Imaging System — benefits that give the D300S a special advantage in terms of creative D-SLR versatility.
- DX-format CMOS image sensor; 12.3 effective megapixels
- High-speed performance
- Refined D-Movie
- AF system with high-density 51-point AF
- Large, bright viewfinder with approximately 100% frame coverage
- EXPEED image processing
- Scene Recognition System makes the most of the 1,005-pixel RGB sensor
- Dual card slots for CF/SD memory cards
- Engineered durability
- Easy-to-access Live View mode
- Quiet Shutter-release mode for nonintrusive shooting
- Active D-Lighting for smooth tone reproduction in high-contrast lighting
- Picture Control: Customize the visual style of your images
- Built-in flash with 16mm lens coverage
- Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D10 (optional)
- Virtual Horizon that is available in Live View shooting.
- 3-in., 920-k dot high-resolution LCD monitor.
- Highly efficient energy-saving design allows as many as 950 images on a single charge of the Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3e. (CIPA Standards)
- Nikon's Integrated Dust Reduction System including Image Sensor Cleaning function that provides effective dust reduction.
- Versatile in-camera Retouch Menus let you enhance your images without using a computer.
- Compatible with HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) output. Type C connector (mini size) is employed.
- With the optional GPS Unit GP-1, location information such as latitude, longitude, altitude and time are automatically recorded to each image's Exif data.
- Exclusive Nikon Software — Nikon Transfer and ViewNX software packages (supplied) for a range of basic photo browsing and editing operations; Capture NX 2, Camera Control Pro 2, and Image Authentication Software (all optional) enable more advanced operation and image editing.
For more information goto: http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/digitalcamera/slr/d300s...