Nikon D3000 Digital SLR Camera
Nikon Corporation has announced the newest addition to its family of quality DX-format digital SLRs, the D3000. Combining in-camera assistance and supreme ease-of-use with Nikon's renowned technology, the D3000 is the ideal choice for people looking to upgrade from their point-and-shoot camera to a digital SLR.
The D3000 features a new Guide mode - a hassle-free way for less-experienced picture-takers to master the capabilities of digital SLR cameras. Through its intuitive user-friendly interface, Guide mode assists users in choosing shooting modes for a variety of situations and, if they choose, in exploring advanced photographic techniques. From close-ups and landscapes to portraits with soft backgrounds and picture-taking opportunities of fast-moving action, Guide mode eases users into the world of digital SLR photography. In addition, settings made with Guide mode can even be fine-tuned before the shot in order to achieve the best possible photos.
Despite its simple interface, the D3000 delivers exceptional picture quality. Thanks to 10.2 effective megapixels, Nikon's DX-format CCD sensor, exclusive EXPEED image processing system, and compatibility with an extensive selection of legendary NIKKOR lenses, the D3000 produces finely detailed images that can be freely cropped and enlarged while retaining sharpness.
Extending the D3000's excellent performance is Nikon's exclusive Scene Recognition System, Active D-Lighting, continuous shooting up to 3 frames-per-second, advanced 3D Color Matrix Metering II, and 11-point selectable autofocus.
For comfortable viewing when playing back images and retouching photos, the D3000 features a bright 3.0-in., 230k-dot TFT LCD monitor. The large monitor also improves readability of menus thanks to a font size that is 20% larger than that of the D60.
Extensive in-camera image control is available using Nikon's Picture Control System, which allows users to customize key digital image characteristics to suit personal preferences. For additional creative control, the D3000 includes comprehensive in-camera editing functions via its Retouch Menu that enhance photos with a variety of effects — without the need for a computer.
Whether it's grabbing point-and-shoot snapshots or exploiting techniques commonly used by more advanced photographers, the D3000 offers an easy, inviting way to experience the world of digital SLR photography and obtain beautiful pictures.
- Nikon DX-format CCD sensor; 10.2 effective megapixels
- New Guide mode
- EXPEED image processing system
- Scene Recognition System
- Active D-Lighting
- 11-point AF system with Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module
- 3.0" LCD monitor
- Picture Control System
- In-camera photo editing
- Nikon Integrated Dust Reduction System
- Superb NIKKOR lenses
- Extensive playback options that allow viewing of images one at a time or in batches of 4, 9, and 72 as well as Calendar view that organizes images by shooting date and time. A histogram display is also available that shows exposure data for a magnified area of the image.
- Highly durable shutter unit tested to 100,000 cycles.
- Long-lasting Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL9a that provides up to 550 shots per charge. (CIPA standard, with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and flash fired at full power once every other shot.)
- Built-in flash with a guide number of approx. 12/39 (ISO 100, m/ft., 20°C/68°F) and support for Nikon's i-TTL flash control.
- Support for the Nikon Creative Lighting System when using SB-900, SB-600, or SB-400 Speedlights, or the SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander.
- Compatible with all NIKKOR AF-S and AF-I lenses that have an autofocus motor.
- Compatible with the optional Wireless Remote Control ML-L3. There are two shutter release modes available when using the control: Quick Response mode for immediate triggering of the shutter release and Delayed Remote mode, which delays triggering for two seconds.
- Viewfinder grid lines that aid in picture composition.
- Compatible with SD and SDHC memory cards
- Includes Nikon ViewNX image browsing and editing software, which lets you organize, label, and select images as well as perform NEF (RAW) image editing adjustments and conversions.
- Photos captured with the D3000 can be used with optional Nikon Capture NX 2 photo-editing software, which features patented U Point® technology and powerful tools for quick and easy photo editing, including enhanced NEF (RAW) Editing.
For more information goto: http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/digitalcamera/slr/d3000...