HTC launched HTC Hero Android Phone
HTC Corporation, a global designer of mobile phones, debuted HTC Sense, an intuitive and seamless experience that will be introduced across a portfolio of phones beginning with the new HTC Hero. With its distinct design and powerful capabilities fully integrated with HTC Sense, Hero introduces a unique blend of form and function that takes Android to new heights.
HTC Sense is focused on putting people at the centre by making your phone work in a more simple and natural way. This experience revolves around three fundamental principles that were designed by quietly listening and observing how people live and communicate.
"HTC Hero introduces a more natural way for reaching out to the people and accessing your important information, not by following the status quo of todays phones, but by following how you communicate and live your life," said Peter Chou, Chief Executive Officer, HTC Corporation. "HTC Sense is a distinct experience created to make HTC phones more simple for people to use, leaving them saying, it just makes sense."
HTC Hero continues HTCs leadership in cutting-edge design that focuses on introducing a variety of distinct devices to represent your own individuality. Boasting bevelled edges and an angled bottom, the HTC Hero is contoured to fit comfortably in your hand and against your face while youre on a call. The HTC Hero is built to last beginning with an anti-fingerprint screen coating for improved smudge resistance and a longer lasting, clearer display. The white HTC Hero includes an industry-first, Teflon coating, resulting in an improved, durable white surface that is soft to the touch.
With its 3.2" HVGA display, the HTC Hero is optimized for Web, multimedia and other content while maintaining a small size and weight that fits comfortably in your hand. It also boasts a broad variety of hardware features including a GPS, digital compass, gravity-sensor, 3.5mm stereo headset jack, a 5 mega-pixel autofocus camera and expandable MicroSD memory. HTC Hero also includes a dedicated Search button that goes beyond basic search, providing you with a more natural, contextual search experience that enables you to search through Twitter, locate people in your contact list, find emails in your inbox or search in any other area in Hero.
Specification of HTC Hero
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528 MHz
- Platform: Android
- Memory: ROM - 512 MB; RAM - 288 MB
- Display: 3.2" TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 320x480 HVGA resolution
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA - 900/2100 MHz Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds; Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (Band frequency and data speed are operator dependent.)
- Device Control: Trackball with Enter button
- GPS: Internal GPS antenna
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless; Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g; 3.5 mm audio jack
- Camera: 5.0 megapixel color camera with auto focus
- Audio Supported Formats: MP3, AAC(AAC, AAC+, AAC-LC), AMR-NB, WAV, MIDI and Windows Media Audio 9
- Video Supported Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264 and Windows Media Video 9
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery; Capacity - 1350 mAh
- Talk time: Up to 420 minutes for WCDMA; Up to 470 minutes for GSM
- Standby time: Up to 750 hours for WCDMA; Up to 440 hours for GSM
- Expansion Slot: microSD memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Special Features: G-sensor, Digital Compass
- Dimensions (LxWxT): 112 x 56.2 x 14.35 mm
- Weight: 135 grams with battery
The HTC Hero will be available to people across Europe in July and in Asia later in the summer. A distinct North American version will be available later in 2009.