HTC introduced the Snap S522 smartphone
HTC Corporation introduced its newest QWERTY smartphone, the HTC Snap S522. Designed with a set of features selected to deliver everything customers need without overwhelming them with things they don't, the HTC Snap makes it easier than ever to stay in contact with life's most important people.
"Recognizing that people are being overwhelmed by an avalanche of email, the HTC Snap introduces Inner Circle, an HTC innovation that makes it easy for people to prioritize messages from the most important people in their lives at the press of a button," said John Wang, Chief Marketing Officer, HTC Corporation. "The HTC Snap represents the latest step in HTC's mission to create a range of innovative smartphones, each with specific benefits designed to both surprise and delight our customers."
With a slim, sleek profile designed to fit perfectly in the hand, the HTC Snap measures less than a half-inch thick (12 mm), yet it can deliver up to eight and a half hours of talk time with the standard 1500mAh battery. The full QWERTY keyboard is ergonomically designed with extra-large domed keys and responsive tactile feedback to make typing emails and text messages fast, accurate and comfortable. High-speed 3G HSPA connectivity makes it quick and easy to send pictures to friends, access favorite social networking sites, or download large files while on the go.
- Qualcomm MSM 7225, 528 MHz processor
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard Operating System
- 256 MB ROM, 192 MB RAM
- 2.4" TFT-LCD with LED back light and QVGA resolution
- Support HSDPA/WCDMA
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Trackball with Enter button
- 4-row QWERTY keyboard
- Internal GPS antenna
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
- IEEE 802.11 b/g WiFi
- HTC ExtUSB (11-pin mini-USB 2.0 and audio jack in one)
- 2.0 megapixel color camera with fixed focus
- Audio supported: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, AWB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI
- Video supported: WMV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, M4V, AVI
- Rechargeable 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- microSD memory card slot (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Dimensions: 116.5mm X 61.5mm X 12.0 mm
- Weight: 120g with battery
The HTC Snap is expected to be available in select channels during the second quarter of 2009, rolling out in markets around the world throughout the second half of the year. Additionally, an unlocked version supporting HSDPA at 850/1900MHz for the US market will be made available under the name HTC S522 during the summer.