Fujitsu introduces the Docomo PRIME Series F-09A
Fujitsu Limited announced that the docomo PRIME Series F-09A, which it manufactures, will be available from NTT DOCOMO, Inc. throughout Japan only, as of June 10, 2009.
In November 2006, to provide a mobile phone ideal for Internet surfing and one-segment TV viewing, Fujitsu introduced the F903i, its first mobile phone that featured a screen that could be rotated into a horizontal position. The F903i model was popular among consumers for the ease in which it could be used with the screen in either a vertical or horizontal position. Now, consumers are looking for a mobile phone with extensive push services that enable a variety of information to be readily downloaded on the phone as well as richer content that can be accessed with ease in a timely fashion.
To meet these needs, Fujitsu is introducing the F-09A model, which is equipped with an approximate 3.4" large touchscreen panel. Unlike previous clamshell phone models, the screen can slide as well as be rotated into a horizontal position. The new model enables immediate access to information without having to open the phone as with a flip. With the F-09A, a variety of functions can be operated with an easy-to-use touchscreen, but when users want to text, they can simply slide the screen up and input using the keypad, as they are accustomed to doing. Moreover, when users want to surf the Internet or watch the one-segment TV, they can activate such functions by simply shifting the screen into its horizontal position, enabling easy operation.
The F-09A is also equipped with an auto-focus camera with 8.1-megapixel effective resolution. In addition, it has a wide variety of advanced features, such as the world's first built-in "Exercise Monitor" which measures the volume of physical activity, and the "Location Radar" which uses a geomagnetic sensor and GPS to enable users to quickly look up the direction and distance to their destination. Moreover, it is a high-spec model with such features as high-speed (7.2Mbps) FOMA, 3G and GSM compatibility, and Bluetooth capability.
- Approximate 3.4" large touchscreen
- 8.1-megapixel camera with Automatic Scene Recognition
- camera with Triple Blur Guard, maximum ISO of 3200, Eye-Emphasis Mode, Skin-Balance Mode features
- World's first "Exercise Monitor" measuring physical activity
- "Location Radar" to indicate route to destination
- Full-feature browser with responsive touch input
- One-segment TV tuner with numerous features
- Dedicated Search Key for instant access to information
- Full-feature security and lock functions
- Super-Clear Voice 2 and Super-Double Mic
- Orientation sensing
- available in black, white, and pink colors
- Size: 114 x 51 x 18.5 mm (HxWxD); thickness at widest point: 18.6 mm
- Weight: 138 g (battery pack included)
- Continuous standby time:
- FOMA 3G - home (automatic): approx. 630 hr; mobile (automatic): approx. 350 hr; mobile (3G fixed): approx. 400 hr;
- GSM - home (automatic): approx. 320 hr
- Continuous talk time:
- FOMA 3G - voice: approx. 240 min.; videophone: approx. 120 min.
- GSM - voice: approx. 210 min.
- Main display: roughly 3.4" TFT color LCD full-wide VGA (480 x 960 dots)
- Camera (back side): 8.1-megapixel CMOS imager
- Camera (front side): 320,000-pixel CMOS imager
- Colors: black, white, or pink