IronKey unveils world's most physically and cryptographically secure USB Flash Drive
IronKey, maker of the world's most secure flash drive, today announced the launch of its S200 device for government and enterprise customers, featuring hardened physical security, the latest Cryptochip technology, active anti-malware and enhanced management capabilities.
David Jevans, CEO at IronKey said, "As one of the world's leading information security companies, IronKey is continually innovating to push the boundaries of security and ease of use. Our new IronKey S200 family of secure USB flash drives puts a whole new level of security into the hands of government, military and enterprise customers, at an affordable price. The IronKey S200 is the first and only USB flash drive to achieve the demanding FIPS 140-2, Level 3 security validation from NIST, giving even more proof that IronKey is the world's most secure flash drive. We are also releasing a suite of new enterprise remote management capabilities, available over the Internet from the IronKey managed service, or from our enterprise server software that companies can install and operate themselves."
Features of IronKey S200
- The first and only USB flash drive to meet the rigorous government security requirements of FIPS 140-2, Security Level 3.
- Hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption in CBC mode.
- Tamper-resistant and tamper-evident rugged metal case.
- Secure management of encryption keys.
- Anti-malware capabilities in hardware provide an unprecedented layer of protection from malware and prevent its spread onto enterprise and government networks.
- AutoRun lock-down protects against worms.
- Read-only mode prevents malware on infected hosts from infecting IronKey devices.
- Trusted network restrictions prevent IronKey devices from unlocking on uncontrolled PCs.
- Optional anti-virus/anti-malware scanning cleans the devices in the background.
- Dual-channel architecture enables significant performance when writing large and small files to the drive.
- Includes extended-life flash memory capable of running high-bandwidth applications such as data backups, virtual machines, or bootable mobile desktops.
- Enterprise Management Cloud Service over the Internet for the enforcement of security policies, security and anti-malware updates, and the tracking and auditing of hundreds or thousands of devices.
- Optional Enterprise Management Server that customers can host themselves.
Unfortunately, the company hasn't yet unveiled any specific details regarding the pricing and availability of its new IronKey S200 portable storage solution.