Canon introduced the EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR camera with HD Video capture
Canon, a leader in digital imaging, introduced a new addition to its Rebel lineup, the EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR camera, the first in the Rebel line to feature Full HD video capture. With a 15.1 megapixel CMOS sensor and HD video capture, along with the DIGIC 4 Imaging Processor, the Rebel T1i gives aspiring photographers plenty of reason to step-up to the latest and greatest model in the Rebel lineup.
The new Canon EOS Rebel T1i features 15.1 effective Megapixels and Canon's most advanced imaging processor to-date, this latest Rebel camera has also been enhanced with HD video capture, a 3.0" Clear View LCD and user-friendly functions such as Auto Lighting Optimizer, Creative Auto Mode and Canon's Live View modes, all the right tools to open new doors for imaging enthusiasts.
"We are witnessing the emergence of a new phase in digital imaging history, as high-resolution still images and HD video can now both be produced in a hand-held device, for under $1,000. This is truly a great time to be involved in digital imaging as the advent of online communities are helping usher in this next great era in imaging," stated Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A.
The power behind Canon's new EOS Rebel T1i camera is the DIGIC 4 Imaging Processor with 14-bit analog-to-digital conversion and the ability to process full HD video. The Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR offers continuous shooting at 3.4 fps for up to 170 large/fine JPEG images or up to nine RAW images in a single burst when using a class 6 or higher SD or SDHC memory card. Whether capturing wildlife on the run or a child mid-stride on the soccer field, users will appreciate the fast shooting capabilities of the Rebel T1i Digital SLR camera. With the combination of its 15.1-megapixel APS-C size CMOS image sensor and the powerful new DIGIC 4 image processor, the Canon EOS Rebel T1i camera provides ISO speeds from ISO 100 up to ISO 3200 in whole stop increments, along with two additional high-speed ISO settings – H1: 6400 and H2: 12800.
The EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR utilizes a precise nine-point Autofocus (AF) system and AF sensor for enhanced subject detection. The new EOS Rebel T1i DSLR provides a cross-type AF measurement at the center that is effective with all EF and EF-S lenses, while providing enhanced precision with lenses having maximum apertures of f/2.8 or faster. The cross-type AF measurement reads a wider variety of subject matter than conventional single-axis AF sensors and thus increases the new camera's ability to autofocus quickly and accurately when shooting still images.
Here is the features and specification of the Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR camera. Have a look.
- New 15.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor for faster processing of fine detail and natural color reproduction, 14-bit A/D conversion for smooth color tones and gradations.
- Full HD video capture at 1920 x 1080 resolution with HDMI output for HD viewing of stills and video.
- Live View Function for stills (Quick, Live and Face Detection AF modes) and video.
- 3.0" Clear View LCD (920,000 dots/VGA) monitor with anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coatings for improved viewing and smudge protection.
- Auto Lighting Optimizer for superior highlight-shadow control.
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit, Dust Delete Data appended to the captured image, Manual cleaning of sensor
- Wide range ISO setting 100-3200 (ISO expansion: 6400, 12800).
- Creative Auto goes a step beyond auto allowing control over frequently-changed settings.
- Compatible with over 60 Canon EF/EF-S lenses and most EOS System accessories.
- Type - Digital, single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera
- Recording Media - SD memory card, SDHC memory card
- Image Sensor Size - 22.3mm x 14.9mm (APS-C size)
- Compatible Lenses - Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses (35mm-equivalent focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount - Canon EF mount
- Image Sensor - High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Pixels - Effective pixels: Approx. 15.10 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio - 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System - RGB primary color filters
- Recording Format - Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif 2.21
- Image Type - Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
- Picture Style - Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Def. 1-3
- ISO Speed - ISO 100-3200 (in 1-stop increments), H1: 6400 H2: 12800; Basic Zone modes: ISO 100-3200 set automatically
- Shutter Speeds - 1/4000 sec. to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec. 1/4000 sec. to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Flash - Retractable, auto pop-up flash
- Display - 3" TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- USB Terminal
- Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable, mini-HDMI OUT terminal
- One Battery Pack LP-E5, AC power can be supplied via AC Adapter Kit ACK-E5, With Battery Grip BG-E5, AA-size batteries can be used
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - 128.8mm x 97.5mm x 61.9mm
- Weight - 480g (body only)
The Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR is available at the price tag of 899.99 US dollars.